Capacity to handle RFID
All models of Prisma Daps 2000•L got the capacity to handle RFID.
RFID communicates through NFC.
Start using it today!
Up to 16 tag groups
Program up to 16 tag groups –for different functions and geographical areas.
Decide how Prisma Daps 2000•L should act with the RFID-tags that are in use.
RFID-tag can be activated for extended green time, demand green light, to increase sound level or to emit a spoken message.
What can happen is determined by the eventual needs which may exist among the road users and of course approved by the traffic authorities.
Group of users can for example be:
- Teachers (school classes)
- People with impaired vision
- People with impaired hearing
- People with function disability
All depends on the needs of the end users and which groups should be provided with a tag.
Program with Android App
Which are the targeted groups and what are the needed settings for each group can easily be done with the Android App.
The settings can be forwarded quick and easily with the same technique: NFC and accordingly ready to be used.
Of course this installation can be done already upon delivery from PrismaTibro, Sweden – but it can be changed whenever is required.
Three categories of RFID-tag
- High frequency for Prisma Daps 2000 – put the tag on the top cover.
- Low frequency for Prisma Daps 1000 – hold the tag under the bottom lid.
- Combi-tag for both Prisma Daps 1000 and Prisma Daps 2000, it is a combination of the above high and low frequencies
What happens when the tag is used?
- Spoken message can be emitted
For example: “You are now standing on “North avenue”.
- Demand green light
RFID-tag users can demand green light
even if the Prisma Daps is set to a fixed time schedule.
- Warning message can be emitted
For example: “Please pay attention, this road is under construction”.
- Extended Green time
It gives an extended green time which is very helpful for older people who are walking slowly and even when many are trying to cross the road.
- Higher locating sound
The locating tick-tick sound can be higher.